British Matilda - Used throughout the war?

wondering if it would be "proper" to use the Matilda in late war
diorama settings in Europe.
thx - Craig
any chance of a Matilda vs. King Tiger encounter? :-)
Reply to
Musicman59
Highly unlikely. Soviets may have had some of their Matildas still running as late as 1944 (IIRC production was continued until 1943 for that purpose). Germans captured several after Dunkirk and never threw anything away, although whether they were still gun tanks or had been converted to some other use is unclear.
Regards,
Moramarth
Reply to
Moramarth
Wulf Corbett wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
this says it was a dorchester, good pic, too.
someone
Wulf Corbett wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
ah, sher gut. i forgot how to do an umlatt on a qwerty windows pos.....
Reply to
someone
None. Matildas were withdrawn before the end of the North African campaign. They were used against the Japanese in the far east through the late war years. Gerald Owens
Reply to
Gerald Owens
Moramarth wrote
I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture (probably in an Almark(?) pamphlet on German SPGs of foreign origin) showing a Matilda with a gun (memory says a French 47mm AT gun but I don't know it the French even had 47mm AT guns) mounted in a home-made looking square box where the turret should be.
They also stuck 37mm PAKs onto Universal carriers, which look quite cute, if ineffective.
Reply to
Rik Shepherd

Site Timeline