Cars; missing wheels and suspension

I bought a simple car kit to build with my grandsons and discovered when I got it home that the wheels and tires were missing. This is an older kit that I found on the clearance table at Hobby Lobby. The kit is Testors QuickBuilder "Aluma-Coupe by Boyd.

I assume I can get a refund?I've not found any other Aluma-Coupe kits?but it's just the kind of thing my 7-year old likes to do and I would like to build the kit.

Any suggestions on getting wheels? Dealing with Testors? Substitutions?

Cars are generally out of my area of interest but the grandkids like them more than airplanes.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Yes. Write a letter to Testors requesting the replacement parts.

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

I'm not surprised; that kit was a prime target for theft of its wheels and tires. I've got a set I can spare - contact me direct to work out the details.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

What he said. Was the kit opened? If so, might be why it was on the clearance table. I built that kit when it first came out, the rear tires split at the seam while sitting on my shelf. I wrote them and they sent some.....no charge. I have noticed that one has split again, same place, so I'm guessing that it has to do with there compound in the tire or how it was made. Since yours are missing, there might be a charge. If the even still have them. Mike

Reply to
Mike G.

likes to do and I would like to

Like Martin said, ask Testors. Last year I got a box of stuff from another lhs customer that had the Italeri 1/72 F-100D. When I opened it up it had two A trees, no B tree. Being OOP for some time I just knew I wouldn't be able to get at least one B tree but I emailed Testors anyway.

About 10 days later a box showed up in the mail, from Testors. It was another Italeri F-100D box with the parts I needed plus what ever was left from previous vulturing. Testors rocks on customer service. Are you listening RC2????

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

Yeah, send Testors an email. They are very good about replacement parts. I don't see how they stay in business. The Aluma Coupe is an old kit, though.

Thanks for the info and addresses. I'll try Testors first and if they say no, I may give AL a call.

Milton

Reply to
Milton Bell

Geez. Not you too! :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well Al, I didn't want to deprive you of the parts if I can get them from Testors. After all, it was their kit to begin with and perhaps the wheels weren't packed. But I truly thank you for the offer.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

That's no problem - I've got at least four or five sets of those wheels and tires. The problem was that you posted my complete message headers, including my actual email address... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Oops! Really sorry about that. I didn't notice. Better adjust my type size.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

You just did it again...