Ch.4 Today F-18 Battle Stations 5.30pm (UK)

Hi All,

Just to remind people that Channel 4 is showing the Battle Stations programme (5.30pm) about the F-18 Hornet and how it can transform from bomber to fighter at the flick of the switch and it was initially rejected by the US military.

Anyway for those doing the Trumpeter/Hasegawa kits is may be worth recording.

Also this seems to be a series as last week was all about the B-17.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

F/A-18...

Reply to
Rufus

Bugger, missed it. Is it repeated on any of the Digi channels?

Spence

Reply to
Warty

As Manuel once famously said - 'Eventually'. They get show some time in the futurte on Discovery Wings or The History Channel. At least the last ones were. David

Reply to
David Pennington

F-18 in Finland & Switzerland...

Reply to
Ken Duffey

...and CF-188 in some potions of Canada.

But if you look on the ID plate on the left aft cockpit sill, you'll see F/A-18 on the manufacturers ID plate...no matter which country you're operating them in.

Reply to
Rufus

Don't hold your breath folks, it was littered with errors, chief of were claims that the first jet deck landing was done by a Venom, despite showing footage of a Vampire, and commentary about the MiG 25 was illustrated with shots of a MiG 29! Oh yeah, and the F/A-18 was the first multi-role combat aircraft ever - what was the Mosquito then? They seemed to show some footage about half a dozen times in the show, suggesting they were trying to pad the material out to fill an hour.

Reply to
Jonathan M

No more I'm afraid Digiguide say Simpsons not Battle Stations!

I'm sure I have seen very similar programmes on C5 and UK History

Reply to
Martin

Hi Rufus,

Thanks for correcting the correcy designation F/A-18, I just went with what it said in the paper.

In fact I'm more surprised no one picked me up on saying the Trumpeter kit rather than the Academy it should have been. I could say I was setting this as a test but in truth probably thinking too much of the F-105!

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

This sounds like typical history channel, badly edited by people with only a sketchy knowledge of the subject

Mosquito?? How about the 1917 Airco deHavilland 4??

Again, typical history channel practice.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey