color question

No, I built one 25 years ago. The decals peeled off later because I put them on over Humbrol DSG without a gloss coat. I'll have to try and fix that someday, along with all the other things that need attention.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Most also have Dark Slate Grey (which is a green).

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yep, i have both. i mixed my own extra dark sea gray and it came out ok. we were pleased.

Welll, That depends! Are you talking early war or late war?? The white undersurfaces on coastal command aircraft didn't come in till quite late in the war. Royal Navy aircraft didn't go to white till around the late

1950's. Stringbag's camo went through a lot of changes. Sept., 39: Uppersurfaces were Extra Dark Sea Gray/Dark Sea Gray and Dark Slate Gray/Light Slate Gray with a light Sea Gray undersurface. late 1940: Sky replaced the light sea gray undersurfaces. The above pretty well covers Royal Naval colors, Coastal Command had a couple of variations: Some late production aircraft may have deleted the Slate Grays in the upper surfaces and there were some painted black all over for the D-Day operation where Stringbags were used to hunt German E-Boats and midget subs at night. Hall-Park publications has a paperback monograph on the Swordfish with a great deal of excellent info in the camouflage and markings.
Reply to
William H. Shuey

bill, i think the late 1940 is the one i want. i will do a cc 'bag later. the late 40 was on ark royal ac? that's the one i want.

Digital_Cowboy

no sweat. i'll try to be more obvious.

Digital_Cowboy