Comments on the Pope's Death?

Just curious as to how others on the group are taking the Pope's passing. Jim

Reply to
jimbol51

I feel somehow like I've lost an old friend. He was in Buffalo back in the day, before he bacame Pope. I didn't see eye-to-eye with him on a lot of his thoughts, but always knew that he was a square shooter.

Rest in Peace JP.

Reply to
Old Timer

i think it is not relevant to this group.

"jimbol51" wrote

  1. He didn't "pass". He died.
  2. Not being Catholic, and having never met the man nor even laid eyes on him, I'd say I'm taking it about the same as I took the news of Frank Perdue's death, or that of just about any other stranger.

Well, you asked.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I don't think he built models, so his loss shouldn't be discussed here.

jimbol51 wrote:

Reply to
frank

It's a shame Revell never jumped at the chance to market a Popemobile kit. Anything like that subject would have sold millions of copies, especially if they were available for church gift shops.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 Pilot's Log:

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

In stride. Pretty tough to be sad about it - he was old and lived a long good life. Good man my most accounts, one of the more beloved popes they had.

So - did they ever release a model of the Popemobile?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Years ago, I saw a "Pope Mobile" entered in a "conversions" category of a show. And a few times, I have seen figures, scratch-built, or stock painted, depicting the Pope, or a Papal or Vatican guard.

Does the reigning Pope still have armed guards, i.e. a standing Papal "military"? It would seem prudent. A Papal assassination could start a world war.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I think it would be really KewL if there were a model of the "Pope Mobile" just to do a little to bring it on topic. But I do think it's a shame he's dead. He visited lots of countries and Locations which a sitting Pope has never done before. He will be remembered for that if for nothing else. But I still wanna to see a Kit of the Car. ...... :) :) :)

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

This is My Web--Page The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

Introducing ''SPOT-the-CAT''

cyberborg 4000

The Vatican has a very classy website, with a lot of interesting historical tidbits:

Greg Heilers

No, this has nothing to do with plastic, but face it- that man had a whole lot to do with the fall of Soviet Bloc Communism, and freedom-loving people all over the world owe him a large debt. BTW, i'm not Catholic (former, but turned in my knee pads), but I am Polish. Great man, didn't agree with him on a lot of things, but he seriously changed the shape of the world, for the better mostly.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

You do know about the Swiss guard right? You know the guys who wear the funny renaissance clown suits and carry halberds by day but at night change into camo with machine guns? Those guys? You seriously do not want to f*ck with them, clown suits or not, they know how to use those pig stickers.

Reply to
Ron

Yeah....are they still "around", in the same capacity, as in earlier eras?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

lately the swiss guard has been augmented by ex sas guys. or so the rumor mill says. seems wide.

this col sanders job is getting me down some crazy chicken chasing me all over town he's got a grudge against frank perdue! psycho chicken, what the f*ck?

-the fools

The Swiss Guard, the last of the Rennaissance condittitorri (boy, did I misspell that one!) with the possible exception of the Beefeaters. I once saw an Aurora Blue Knight of Milan converted into one of these soldiers.

Reply to
Old Timer

Yes.

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
John DeBoo

Technically...he was not asking about "the virtues of the Pope". He was interested in others' opinions regarding the single event of his passing away. (An event of historical interest and significance...and seeing that our hobby deals with history...)

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

One aspect of the Pope's death that I have not heard anything about is the prophecy of St. Malachi. Now that there is only one Papal spot left on the wall, how long do we have to see if the prophecy holds true?

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEatt.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan