contact info for AMT/ERTL

I opened the box containing an AMT 1:48 Tigercat F7F-3. The decal sheet and clear parts sprue were damaged by the tires. I need replacements. The

1-800 number listed on the box is outdated (read useless). This was a Christmas gift so I didn't get a chance to open the box in the store to make sure I wasn't going to get bit by the AMT tire fiasco. Too late! Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Regards, BA
Reply to
Bruce Apple

google is your friend.

Once upon a time, AMT/Ertl had an outstanding customer service department that replaced parts. After they were taken over by RC Racing Champions, their customer service became, "take it back to the point of sale for a refund".

The Tigercat is an old kit and even if they did still have customer service, they would most likely not have the parts. But here is their site:

RobG

Google is indeed our friend. Unfortunately google was of little help, as I had done several searches before posting here. RCertl has acquired AMT/ERTL. Per their FAQ page, they stock no parts, no decals, but will mail instruction sheets IF they have them. For missing/defective kits, their policy is to "return the item to place of purchase for replacement or exchange." Kit documentation carries a date of 1997, all F7F kits are OOP. Looks like the only workable solution is to buy another kit and increase the size of my spare parts department. See also:

FAQ link.

Reply to
Bruce Apple

Reply to
Dave Calhoun

Reply to
eyeball

=== google is your friend. Is that all of the assistance you can provide someone. You responded to one of my request with the same lame answer and I responded that I had already searched google, it so happens that the guy looking for the AMT/ERTL solution also checked google out before posting here.

I would strongly suggest that if you cannot help, keep your stupid little comment to yourself. Nine out of ten people who are looking for assistance here have already searched google. Or are you looking for that 1 out of ten?

Cheers, now go build something.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

you think there would be more.

or he could try here pedward

Jose Cuervo

Thanks all for your help. BA

Reply to
Bruce Apple

If enough people stopped buying AMT/ERTL kits maybe, just maybe they might get the message that their customer relations are the pits and leaves a heck of a lot to be desired. I for one stopped buying their kits about 2 years ago when I had problems with a kit.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman