cookie

what was the soviet ampib that looked a little like a mini dkw? it was a troop hauler, about 6 seater?

Reply to
someone

There was a postwar knock-off of the "Seep" called the GAZ-46 but it sounds more like you are interested in the BRDM-1. Arsenal had a nice kit of one in 1/35 scale but not sure who owns the molds right now.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

i'm 100% sure it was a ww2 vehicle. it was on a special about the battle for berlin and showed them crossing one of big b's rivers. it was a bit bigger than a swimwagon and had the kind of finish like a dkw. it showed georgi zuhkov riding in it and the background was definitley the outskirts.

Reply to
someone

Then the only thing it could have been was a Ford GPA "Seep" as the Soviets were lousy producing trucks during the war, only able to produce knock-offs like the GAZ-AA and AAA (license-built copies of the Ford Model AA and AAA.)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

it looks a lot like that seep. except that it didn't have a superstructure built on, it was unibody all the way up. like a loaf of bread with the topcut off and guts cut out. never saw those before, but it was definitley berlin.

Reply to
someone

I saw the same show; it was indeed a Ford GPA "Seep". The Soviets got the majority of them via lend-lease:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

ok.

Reply to
someone

i have a long relationship with lucas, prince of darkness and his minion, sir oilyleak. i have brit motorcycles for pets and they eat wiring, fuses, gaskets,and thankfully, small children.

Reply to
someone

If you're looking for every kit then don't forget the old Airfix kit (1/76th).

Bruce Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
Bruce Probst

thanks

Reply to
someone

The British liked anything that actually worked which very seldom included anything made in Britain :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

OK, where would you like me to post some photos of the Duxford Quad?

Incidentally, the "box thing" being towed in your photo is very likely the limber for the ammunition.

If you're going to build the smaller scale kits, check out the Italeri rebox of the Esci kit. It's a downsized version of the Tamiya kit - lovely detail for such a small beast.

Also, have a look at the Milicast stuff at

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Saw the comment above and reminded me of an old joke from many years ago:

Q - Why do the British drink warm beer?

A - Lucas made their refrigerators!

(I had a number of friends who had MGs and they totally agreed with that!)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

the picture group is fine. i'm sure the box on the trailer wasn't a limber, unless they had one 10" high and about 8' per side. it would hold several people.

Reply to
someone

Any chance you can send me a scan?

I can take it to Duxford and get the staff there to have a look.

Reply to
Chris Hughes

why don't the brits build pcs? they can't make them leak oil.

Reply to
someone

if i can find a scanner.

Reply to