eBay: Pocher 1935 Mercedes Benz 500K/AK Cabriolet

My guess is that it will go for over $1200 to a collector that doesn't even build them...............

Reply to
jimbol51

It must be really Beautiful when it's built. It would be a Real Shame to just go and leave something that nice Stuck inside a Box and not ever build it and show it off. There Ought to be a Law against that :(

... Carl ..........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Carl,

You have not met some of the bigtime Pocher collector guys with big big big big bucks.................jim

Reply to
jimbol51

go and leave something that nice Stuck inside a Box and not ever

I think he's trying to goad you into building one. :-D I'll help; here's what the engine on a Pocher Mercedes can look like:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

try the coin collecters. the record is over 7million.

Reply to
someone

What is the link Pat for this fellows Pocher? Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! jim

Reply to
jimbol51

Ah, but one can't 'build' one of those. You could say they're die-cast.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Read the second link; that's a far as he's gotten so far.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

no, die struck. casting is for counterfeit coins only. china is exporting a huge number of cast fakes. ebay is full of them. i believe china should be nuked back to the pre-life stage for allowing that.

Reply to
someone

This one did pretty well too:

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

That's the one with the folding convertible roof, real leather gloves in the glove compartment, and headlights that work when you turn the key in the ignition. That's considered pretty much the apex of their original series of car models. Of course, if you want to soup it up more:

put that kit and all those accessories together, and you'd be looking at the Sistine Chapel of model car kits. Here's a series of webpages documenting the building of one:
you imagine how many man-hours went into designing a kit like that? =-O

Pat

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

more:

You put that kit and all those accessories together, and you'd be

one:

Can you imagine how many man-hours went into designing a kit like that? =-O

Yes, this was a "Rolls Royce" of the Pocher line. :-) I think that the Mercedes 500 K/AK which I have was their 2nd best detailed model. It also has all the features you've mentioned. Except for the gloves. But the ignition key turns on the headlights, cloth top folds down, etc., etc.

I corresponded with David and Marvin from Model Motorcars in the late

80s and early 90s (before they had a website). You're right, Pocher kits can be taken to a much higher detail level (if you throw enough time and money into it).

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.