ebay thing

why do a lot of sellers say they won't ship to italy? is it a haven for deadbeats? something make crime easier? are they the euro liberia?

Reply to
someone

frank

I heard that the postal service is run by guys with names Vinny in the typical postal uniform of a pinstriped suit with white tie, and they charge a special fee to not smash your kneecaps...I mean, make sure the package arrives safely and doesn't get lost...

Reply to
eyeball

ok, makes sense and a little google says you guys are right. the service is efficent and crooked. theft common, and not punished much or well. i only had one sale to italy and it went ok. in the days when you could send "gifts" and help the buyer.

'
Reply to
someone

i remember a few years back a tv news thing on the italian post office, and they had a clip of the postman walking down the street with his pack, and all these people were hanging out the windows and cursing him as he went by, and he was cursing them back. nice to see some traditions haven't changed.