F-86

Looking for photos of F-86E/F in the markings of Chile, Tunisia and Israel.

Also need photos of USAF F-86E Sabre 50-680 fuselage code FU-680 "Dad", 335th FS, 4th FW .

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Chile, Tunisia, and Israel operated F-86's? Never heard of that... interesting. Wings Palette has a bunch (226) Sabre profiles, and none of those countries are represented. Here's the direct link:

Also, this page is a pretty good IAF photo gallery. No sabres in there either:
Here's an unofficial Chilean Air Force Museum site:
Good luck; sounds like a fun project. But it's already middle of April; I think you'd want to build this guys for April 1!

---Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Hi Tom,

try

they have loads of F-18 photo's covering most operators so you might find what you are looking for there.

Good luck.

Doug.

Reply to
Doug

Tunisia operated a small number of F-86Fs commencing in the late '60s.

SFAIK, neither the Israeli nor the Chilean Air Forces ever operated the type.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Somewhere, SOMEWHERE! I have a back-number of "Air Pictorial" which = shows a Sabre in Israeli markings. It's only the rear half but I seem to = remember they were ex RCAF aircraft which were being converted by = Scottish Aviation at Prestwick, where the picture was taken. I believe, = though, that they were never delivered.

Chile did have F-80s but I doubt if Sabres ever featured.

Tunisia apparently operated F-86Fs.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

Sabre in Israeli markings. It's only the rear half but I seem to remember they were ex RCAF aircraft which were being converted by Scottish Aviation at Prestwick, where the picture was taken. I believe, though, that they were never delivered.

You're right on about the undelivered Canadair Sabres. I have a couple of photos of the one example that was actually painted in Israeli markings. RCAF camoflage, large four digit code in black on rear fuselage. I'm looking for more photos. I do have the one from Air Pictorial as well as a full side view photo.

Chile ordered Sabres, but apparently none were delivered.

Tunisia is the tough one. A drawing appeared in an old Dirty Plastic issue, but I have never managed to find any photos.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

shows a Sabre in Israeli markings. It's only the rear half but I seem to = remember they were ex RCAF aircraft which were being converted by = Scottish Aviation at Prestwick, where the picture was taken. I believe, = though, that they were never delivered.

These might be of interest:

(Do "Find" on "F-86")

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

shows a Sabre in Israeli markings. It's only the rear half but I seem to = remember they were ex RCAF aircraft which were being converted by = Scottish Aviation at Prestwick, where the picture was taken. I believe, = though, that they were never delivered.

And this:

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

That may be why they operated Hunters.

I don't recall ever seeing any Tunisian aircraft in pics. Did they allow it?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I have a few from over the years. Not much, though.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72