Israeli Candair F Mk 6 Markings ( F-86 )

I am actualy in the process of sticking bits of plastic together!!! (shock , horror) after finding some information about the Israeli Candair F Mk 6. Only thing is that all the info I have shows just the port or left side of the aircraft and noe of the information shows the upper or lower surfaces of the wings. Can anyone help with the size /location of the national markings please ?

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

The photos of the left side are all that I have ever seen, too. Location would be conjecture, but at least no one can argue the point without more photos.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I believe the photos of an Israeli Sabre were publicity shots made when the negotiations for the sale were under way. The deal was not completed and no Sabres were ever delivered to Israel.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

Correct. The photos, however, do give modelers a chance to do a truelly one of a kind, unusual color scheme for the Sabre.

Another "Israeli" aircraft that eluded modelers for years was the F-84F. These were actually a French unit operating during the Suez battles that carried Israeli markings for a very brief time. Photos have surfaced in the last few years.

Now, if anyone is interested in the "Israeli" Siebel Ki.45 just drop me a line.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72