Fin Flash on Seafires.

Can anyon tell me why it seems that all brittish planes have the three colour finn flash - except the Fleet Air Arm when painted in the scheme of sky with extra dark sea gray uppers and the high demarcation line. The Seafire XVII and 47 in this scheme does not seam to carry it, while the mk

46 in the scheme with the lower demarcation line does? I'm curious as I'm getting close to finish my conversion of a Matchbox Spitfire Mk 24 to a Seafire Mk 47, and the decaling also gets nearer.
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

FAA dropped the fin flash post war - the high demarcation level colour scheme was a post war one. Look at any post-war FAA aircraft

Although you can find the odd Spit XV with a flash and high level scheme

Reply to
Dave Fleming