Concorde coming to Museum of Flight (Seattle)

Full story here...

Jack

Reply to
Jack G

Then sell it to Richard Branson!

Reply to
Martin Imber

Yes, its a shame British Airways and the British Government refused to sell the Concordes

to Virgin Atlantic who would have kept them flying.BA bought them for one Pound each and Virgin offered offered BA one million Pounds (if I recall correctly) each.

Mr. Branson said in a recent Charlie Rose interview, he thinks BA was afraid Virgin could fly it profitably. At the very least, I'm sure the British people would have liked to get something back on their enormous investment in the Concorde.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

Apparently the major issue was spare parts. BAe and Rolls Royce didn't want to have to continue supplying spares for such a small fleet.

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

Or Kermit Weeks ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Yeah that makes sense. I suppose I too would design an inexpensive kevlar fuel armouring system, and fit a luxuriously designed real blue leather fully upholstered (but still inexpensive) new interior, and get a new (guess what? - surprisingly inexpensive) wheel/tyre system designed and fitted for the well planned final weeks of service, if I was running an airline. Get real, though apparently accountants can prove anything, at the moment. Chek

Reply to
Chek

I called the museum this week and talked to Dennis Parks, the curator. He said they are pushing to get the arrival pushed up to 2:00pm PST because if circumstances cause it to be late, they do not want it to arrive after dark. That would be a public relations disaster.

I am taking Wednesday afternoon off and will be down there with my camera!

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni