Centenial of Flight at MOF (Seattle)

Wednesday, December 17th is the Centennial of Flight. People around the world will celebrate. In Kitty Hawk, they will launch a Wright Flyer. And here, in Seattle, we will launch a Centennial Parade of Aircraft!

Before the details, let me inspire you! Eddie Rickenbacker stated that "aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible!

With that in mind, we invite you to join us for one (or both) of the following events that will focus everyone's eyes to the skies the afternoon of December 17th throughout this region.

A static display of stunning aircraft from every era positioned at or around The Museum of Flight. Aircraft will be viewable by the general public visiting the museums or perusing the Museum's parking lot.

Centennial Parade of Aircraft - grouped by speed, following each other in trail, four groups of aircraft taking off from Boeing Field to fly a defined route. The furthest northern point will be Edmonds with the southernmost site being Tacoma. The Air Parade will terminate over the

north end of Vashon Island, with pilots returning to their home airport. The Air Parade will start at noon. Kenmore Air will bring up the rear. The four airspeed groups are: 70 knots, 95 knots, 130 knots and 160 knots. The goal is to have 5 - 20 aircraft in each group with the number of groupings in each speed class dependent upon the sign-ups and the light of day! The parade will conclude with enough time for all pilots to return to home base prior to sundown.

Those interested in flying must indicate their intention to participate and attend the briefing set for the day of the event.

Cheryl Dart

Reply to
Jack G