For those that wash...

Hi again,

So much useful info on here I thought I would throw another at you :)

When applying a wash to a model (I use citadel ink with extra water to lighten the tone) how can I avoid water-marks when the wash dries?

Tony

Reply to
Tone

Good question! I usually end up doing some light sanding or touch-up painting to get rid of them. No avoiding them for me!

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

I have always found that to be the big "buggaboo" when using inks and/or acrylics for washes. That is whay I have long preferred using oils. They dry "softer" and will rarely have that "water-mark" effect.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Will an oil wash like that work over Future or should it be a flat coat?

Reply to
T. Forward

Have you tried adding a drop or two of dishwashing liquid to the blend..? This will reduce the surface tension of the water and that means less droplet formation.

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead

Tony, Try a thin mix of future& acrylic paint.Play with the mix til you're happy, but start thin. You can use any color you like. I use Acryl raw umber for a dingy look. Over a gloss future finish, apply the mix with a small brush just to the panel lines.Just let it dry. Works great in the cockpit too. Try it on something old first. Hope this helps, Dave Pepper

Reply to
Dave Pepper

what about using distilled water. that may have some of the nasties in the water removed that leave a ring.......

Craig

Reply to
Craig

No good to our Pommie friends, then....