Game Designer's Workshop System 7 Armies [eBay]

Game Designer's Workshop System 7 Armies

was a Napoleonic wargame counter system that played like miniatures game. Cardboard counters represent companies. Counters are similar to board-game counters, but are rectangular. Typical dimensions for an infantry company are 1-1.5" by 3/8". Cavalry tend to be longer. Most sets already punched out and separated into plastic zip locks. Basic unit is the battalion. Step reduction.

Plays very much like a miniatures game, but no miniatures are involved. Counters are colored the same as the uniforms of the soldiers for that unit. Most battles tend to be very colorful. Several sets of French, Austrian, Prussian. Single sets for French Allies, Spanish, British, and Portuguese. Includes Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry. There are counters which represent specific named leaders and aide-de-camps. Printing is of high quality.

As an example, set N1 contains: four Léger Regiments of 3, 4, and 5 bns., eight line regiments, 3 of five bns., 5 of three bns. Three regt.s of the Imperial Gd, ten cavalry regiments of several different types, seven foot batteries, six horse artillery batteries.

All charts, forms, rules books, and gauges needed for play are provided, plus a large number of copies that I have made. Has seen very little use and most sets are new except for being punched out already.

If you are interested in what a particular nationality looks like, let me know and I will take a close up picture of them.

Reply to
Bruce Duty

One post only for all your auctions please.

Reply to
Justin Taylor