Auster AOP 6 VX113

Dear all,

I hope someone out there will be able to help me. I, along with some friends are restoring to flying condition, a Auster Mk.6. We have recently discovered that the aeroplane in question (VX113) was used in the Kings Cup Air Race in 1959 and was also the subject of a Airfix kit in the late 1970s early 80s (this date may not be correct).

We have been trying local model shops for this kit, but it seems that although Airfix have recently re-issued the Auster, it is now in the markings of one that saw service in the Antartic.

We would therefore like to know if someone has available a model of our Auster, as we would dearly like to get hold of one - not to build as our main interest is the real aeroplane.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this message and please if possible could you reply by email, as I only get the chance to check messages once a week.

Thanks again,

Martin Pengelly

Reply to
M Pengelly