Happy Easter All

The title says it all, Happy Easter. Try not to have too much candy!

Regards, John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

what, it's football season already? never could keep the arcane rituals strait.

-happy.....insert whatever, just be happy.

-fumduck

Reply to
someone

Glad someone told me, wouldn't have known otherwise, over in these parts! But Golden Week is coming up next weekend, a week worth of no-work owing to a consecutive array of public holidays.

Time to clean up the modeling desk, prepare to receive l'Arsenal HMS Ark Royal, and do some much-needed modeling. Yay!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Haven't eaten anything with sugar in it for a month now, I've dropped

5kgs without any exercise... haven't felt this good for years (only 25 more to go...)

But thanks for the sentiments. :)

RobG The Aussie one

Reply to
RobG

There was an article on TV recently where some guy lost 23 lbs.(10.433 kg) in one month with a beer and water diet. He drank 5 cans of 12 oz. beer (0.3549 liters) daily and water for thirst.. No solid food. I can attest that beer can take the place of solid fluid to slake hunger.

Reply to
willshak

i'm just glad that kayo and you are ok. you and my second x were the first people i thought of when the excremental deposits hit the air impellar. i did think of the whole country, but i guess it's natutal to think of the people you care about. i'm not much for religion, look what it did to the usenet whackos who stalk the real people.

Reply to
someone

losing 89 did a lot for my knees and back. worst part of diets are that they're boring. stay the course, robg, you'll feel a lot better.

Reply to
someone

i lost 100 lbs in 10 months on the beer diet. i also got allopecia and my hair fell out.

Reply to
someone

Interesting. Of course, it can also provide most of the nytrition you need, if it's the right sort of beer... In the phrase "Strong ale and Porter" the latter refers to a particular brew favoured by the porters at the London produce markets (e.g. Smithfield) and which provided a lot of the nutrition required by a physically demanding job - IIRC the Pubs in that neck of the woods are still allowed to open very early in the morning. It was also used for invalids. Later Tudor armies were very much concerned about their supply of ale, setting up brew houses and producing large quantities was a precursor for campaigning. However, I think remarks to the effect of "The English retired, having maintained the field for a fortnight without ale, a thing near unheard of..." illustrate a point which is missed by those who make them the object of humour. It wasn't there just for purposes of morale, a porter-type drink would have been a way of supplying an army with a reliable form of nutrition and helping it avoid the pitfalls of dubious food and dodgy local water supplies...

Happy Easter,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

It's not a diet, that's the thing. All I've done is made the decision to not eat sugar - I'm eating (like a horse) everything else - butter, bread, potatoes, eggs, bacon - you name it, it's going down the hatch. If you can, get hold of a book called 'Sweet Poison' by David Gillespie (Amazon have it), it will change the way you think about weight loss and dieting. (There's 2 books with that title, Gillespie's is the one you want. It will be the best $30 you ever spend on your health.)

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

I remember reading that back in the Middle Ages, the monks would eschew solid foods (a.k.a. "fasting") and live off of a liter of bock beer at mid-day and another in the evening. Original bock beer (not the slop made nowadays) was actually a very nutritious food. And you thought the monks had it rough......

Regards, John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

Ummm, that should be "fasting DURING LENT". Sorry. Back to Dingus Day and my perogis and kraut.

Regards, John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote the following:

You shoulda been taking finasteride. Beer is just breakfast cereal that's gone bad. :-)

Reply to
willshak

to have too much candy!

decision to

Indeed. When I found out about my diabetes I went off sugar totally and I've lost 30-some pounds and kept it off ever since. I'm glad I weigh less now as the joints complain now with this weight. I might not be walking as much as hobbling had I stayed at 256.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller