Hasagewa 1/32 F6f

what brought me back into modeling is that my uncle sent me a care package with this kit inside, and it is the perfect remedy to counter the overwhelming boredom that accompanies military life. how is this kit to build? any major problems? i don't care about accuracy, it looks like a Hellcat to me and that works fine. the cockpit does look scarce for a kit this big, any recomendations? also, any tips for building in a tiny workspace? air force dormitories, although nicer than most, aren't exactly large.

A1C Sean Neilan

Reply to
seaneilan

check the squadron site for add ons to start. there are plenty. why not make an intinerant craftsman's table? that's a few small boxes with your supplies over which you lay a piece of posterboard for a work surface. it will fit on a desk, the floor or even your bed. it's great because if you need to ditch the posterboard, so? and the supplies will be half assed packed if you knock up the co's 17 year old and get sent to moosebyte, somewhere on the dew line.

Reply to
someone

my uncle sent me a care

you wouldn't happen to know if cockpit sets made for the trunmpter kit (namely the eduard set or the avionix set) will fit in the hasagewa kit with little or no problems? how good is czech masters?

Reply to
seaneilan

I've built the Hase Hellcat,and it's a nice kit, even if it's not as detailed as the never Trumpeter. I used Verlindens resin cockpit and the instrument panel from Eduards (PE).

Basicly the kit builds pretty neat out of the box, I suggest You look a little at the wheel wells, to me they lack a little at the rear, but a few scraps of plastic card fixes it nicely.

If You cant find the Verlinden set or don't want to fork out the amount,try the Eduard PE if You can find that, it spices up that cockpit nicely.

If room is an issue You can fold the wings ;^)

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Just out of curiosity, where are you stationed and what is your AFSC? I'm also in the AF and have been building plastic models for a long time.

JN

Reply to
Viperdoc

i'm 1c131 at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL. how about you?

Reply to
seaneilan

i'm 1c131 at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL. how about you?

I'm a senior flight surgeon in the Wisconsin ANG. Good luck in your AF career- it's probably a lot warmer at Tyndall than in Wisconsin today! Not familiar with 1C afsc- what career field?

Reply to
Viperdoc

i'm an air traffic controller so i deal with flight med all the time actually. gotta love the weather down here, thats for sure, although it dipped below freezing last night. winter in northern florida isn't what i was expecting,

Reply to
seaneilan