How do you decide what kits to offer for sale?

The new Academy kit has everything else in the scale beat, from what I've seen. The Airfix G (arguably an E or F also) is okay if you don't mind a lot of filling, but the props don't really match the front of the nacelles. The Hasegawa F/J makes a decent J but it's not quite right as an F, though it's probably a lot easier to build than the Airfix. I've got a DML M which I've never looked at real carefully, so I don't know how good it is, but I've heard others complain about fit. The Hase and Airfix kits art least have the advantage of probably being cheap.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I've got the Revell J/M and the Matchbox J. Let me check if everything's OK with them before I quote a figure.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've also got the Revell F-4/P-38F and all three are complete and unbuilt. I'm thinking $10 each for the Revell kits and $4 for the Matchbox. Let me know if that's acceptable.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

No, but I have a friend who is selling an SS camo smock and matching pants. (ambush pattern) Mint cond, and fits me ! (I'm 6'2" 185)

Shame he wants $2000 for them.......................

Look online, my kid found a place that makes EXACT copies of uniforms.

Azzz1588

Doh! Originals aren't neccessary, I'm going to wear it, not put it in a museum. I've seen some of the SS stuff being sold as original; the elastic still worked and it didn't look or smell like it was fifty years old. I was highly suspect. I'd like Marine and SS camo replicas but haven't been able to find them reasonably priced on the net. Thanks,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Did you find that very first Fine Scale on the bottom of the pile? Charles Klepper

Reply to
Cklepp

There are so many replicas out there, particularly of WW-II German medals, badges, uniforms (most particularly SS stuff), it's amazing. Worse, while some of the cheaper stuff is obviously crap, there are asome makers that make their replicas so well that even some experts can't tell very easily. That's why I don't mess with German stuff above what I have acquired from family members or long ago before the replica craze hit.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Yeah, very well preserved. Thanks for the reminder, I got half way through and got distracted.

Anywho, it's got the Steve Zaloga article on page 11; a scratch build with sheet styrene. You want the mag or a copy of the article? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper