Independence/Ranger conversion

I have a USS Independence kit, I'd like to modify to match USS Ranger. The
most noticeable mods are on the forward sponsons.
I have lots of refrence material (old cruise books), but ... am not certain
how to get the proper curvature in styrene, or even what thickness to use
or ...
My background is more in simple mods. Any good references in scratch
building you could recommend?
cd
Reply to
Carl Dershem