Italian Navy

I am wanting to make a model of the Italian Navy's AV-8B Harrier II Plus
in 1/72 scale. I just found out that Hasegawa did at some point released a
kit with marking for this service kit number 00542 I believe.
Does anyone know of where I can get hold of this kit or the decals and a
copy of the instructions from this kit?
Thanks in Advance
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
Italian Airlines Motto: Dago here, dago dere, dago everywhere! :-)
G> I am wanting to make a model of the Italian Navy's AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Reply to
John DeBoo
About now Al Borland would hold up the sign with the contact info for complaints. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
The kit itself is identical to the USMC AV-8B Harrier II +. There are after marked decals for the Italian versions, including the small tiger paw tracks on the rudder, and the proper numbers for every Harrier II the Italians fly. So if you can't find the specific Hasegawa kit.... I don't remember who makes the after market decals right off the top of my head, and I can't seem to find them in my highly sophisticated filing system in the closet.
You can add AMRAAM missiles now, and it makes them look pretty cool. No gun pods. Just the strakes. I asked a while back, and was told the Italians didn't purchase the guns.
Don H.
Reply to
Don Harstad
Wolf tracks, no tigers ;-) Decals are from Tauromodel sheet 72/531 or (better) Model Friends sheet MF7201, both available from

A couple of inert mock-ups has been seen around here and there at static displays. BTW at present both the Italian Defense Office and the Navy's websites state that the AMRAAM is part of the inventory.
Reply to
Luca Beato