italian stukas

They're better lovers?..

Reply to
Rufus

and where have you been, young man? i had to send the hookerbots and the pizza oven home. this rubber chicken will not pluck itself, you know.

Reply to
someone

I've actually been sort of busy on the music front...lost my band project because of my disease, but I seem to be building a rep as a sound tech. Spent the last three weeks gigging...or supporting bands gigging. Got another this Friday.

...that, and on travel for work.

Reply to
Rufus

awright! excellent! hope the modeling hasn't died... build!

Reply to
someone

I don't think so, other than the insignia. AFAIK, they were supplied by the Germans from stock on hand.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

They are painted in olive green, their sirens make a wining sound, and their drop tanks allow them to rome far and wide. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

rome, italy?

Reply to
someone

I seem to remember the Italians called it the Picchiatelli (Woodpecker, I think)

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Pjmac35

not picalilly?

Reply to
someone

They used flying creature names for a lot of their bombers, I think my favorite sounding was the SM.81 "Pipistrello" (bat).

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

But it surely did not look like one.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ha scritto:

There is a very good book about italian stukas: "Gli Stuka della Regia" Ali Straniere in Italia Vol.2, italian/english text, some color fotos a lot of profiles, painting schemes and the list of W.Nr. of all 54 italian stukas. Pietro

Reply to
Pietro

very cool ac!

Reply to
someone

i would like to find that. any suggestions? amazon just choked.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Anthony

By rights, the B-2 should have been named the "Batarang". You want to see a really odd- looking Italian aircraft, look at this one:

single oddest looking flying machine I've ever seen is this one, which amazingly enough actually was built:
time I saw that, all I could think was "If this would have been right, the Wright brothers would have been wrong." :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

tanks.

Reply to
someone

I've seen that one before - somewhere. One just doesn't forget that. ;)

That one is completely new to me. I'm not surprised, as many weird things with men riding fell off bridges and other high places. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Here it is, spinning up to destruction out on the lake:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery