IWATA - I want to buy a H4100 C High Line but all I read about is the Eclipse?

Hi guys - I am upgrading to an IWATA from a Pasche and an Aztek 470, and I have been enthusiastically steered to the HP-C Hi-Line model. So first thing I do is consult my favorite thread (found here) and all I read about is the Eclipse. I really do not want to buy another airbrush for a while, so I ask.. money aside, is the Eclipse a better choice, or should I go with the Hi-Line? My scale is 1/48th 1/35 and

1/32nd, armor and aircraft, and I tend to gravitate to World War II subjects. I simply CANNOT get a thin line out of Aztek, and my trusty old Pasche fills in for base coats now. Also, I have been advised to buy the Quick-Connect accessory. But no word on a hose. Does one come with the brush, or is that another accessory. Also, I have been directed to
the best deal. Any other favorite sites?

Thanks again in advance - you folks are always the best source of un-biased info.

Eric Christianson

Reply to
eric.christianson

My suggestion.

Pass on the "hi-line" option. If you really want fine lines get an HP-C and also the optional .2mm tip. and a "crown cap". I have this setup and with very thinned enamels I can get a very fine line. For really file work remove even the "crown cap" and just be careful of the needle.

I have an HP-C "hi-line" and also a standard HP-BC (bottom feed) and there is no real functional difference. I thin and clean with lacquer thinner and have had no problem with the standard's internal seal "dissolving". The .2mm tip work in either brush. I also have the optional .4 mm tip and needle but almost never use them. The .3mm tip produces a good quantity flow for the

1/48th aircraft that I usually do.

Given all the above, I really think that practice and proper thinning is the real secret to airbrushing. I think that most people do not thin enough. Also, a good air source with a tank and a regulator is a must have.

Reply to
Wildcat

HP-C with a teflon seal is what I use. Paint control is great, easy to clean. Visit my website at

Dan

Reply to
dan rutman