matchbox wimpy

apart from spartan details and lame turrets, is the basic
shape ok?
Profiles of fuselage and wings seem OK, but the fuselage cross section is way off. Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
The Matchbox kit is too fat in the upper fuselage, the real thing tapers as it rises above the wing. Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
I have an extra set of Frog Wellington parts and I was wondering how the accuracy is.
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
As a kit that was pretty hard to find when I was a youngster in the early 1980s, I had great hopes for the Frog kit. Sadly, when I eventualy found one it was very disappointing. The profile is just as poor as the Airfix kit - as I remember them, both of these kits had fuselage profiles which were quite a good match for the plans in Aircraft of the Fighting Powers, not a good recommendation! Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
I'm not surprised you had trouble finding Frog Wimpies. Not many made it out the door before they were shutdown.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Yes, I know. There were bagged sprues in circulation after the demise of Frog, but they were expensive and not that common. I never saw a Novo boxing, though there were plenty of later issues of the same moulds from Eastern Europe. I started building one about 10 years ago but I soon lost interest. I've not got around to getting one for myself, but the MPM kit would appear to be well ahead of any other tooling. Hopefully the Trumpeter 48th scale kit will live up to expectations, Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
i need a bigger house already.
Any word on accuracy of the MPM kit?
Tom