Model boxes for your built ups!!!!

Built ups look better displayed by its box. Check out my Website at:

Monstertoys

at:

I've had great success with clear plastic display boxes from the Container Store. They also have an opaque plastic shoe box that's great for transporting models. The small display boxes are fine for

1/72 single engine aircraft, larger for twins or more than one model.

The larger models can be a challenge. A display case for an 8"x10" diorama, not including a bottom, can run over $100 at TAP Plastics. The dust-collecting vignettes and small dioramas fit two at a time in the larger case from CS. Have also found inexpensive cases at Michael's.

Anybody have other sources for the cash strapped modeler?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

go to your local plexi and clear plastic supplier and ask them if you can buy thier odd size and leftover pieces. they will often let them go cheap. remember to get the correct glue.

Reply to
someone

at:

Join your wife at her next Tupperware Party. They make some boxs for transporting cakes and batches of cookies that are quite large, have a seperate bottom and top and many even have a carrying strap.

Reply to
The Old Man

at:

Bull. Models look better displayed in a scale diorama setting; unless they're crap, in which case they're better displayed *inside* the box ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

at:

I don't know about that. It would be hell to display my Pocher kits, or my 1/4 Scale engine kits in a diorama and I really don't consider all the work and effort and the end result to be "crap"

Reply to
Count DeMoney

at:

I,for one,could care less about displays.It's all in the building.I keep them only so I don't go spend the money to do them again (sometimes)...

Reply to
eyeball

at:

I never said it would be *easy*. I only said it would look better. A Pocher certainly looks a lot better to me when viewed in a scale background than sitting beside *the box it came in* - which is what this guy is selling.

-- C.R. Krieger (Arbiter of Cool)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger