Mr Color Cross reference

I'm looking for some eqivilent colours for the following Mr Color numbers. They are called out in Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon IIb kit.

Dark Green 361 Ocean Gray 362 Meidum sea gray 363 aircraft gray green 364

I found the conversion charts but hte colours they seem to convert to don't really look like the colors in the photos I have of these aircraft.

Any suggestions of what colours to try is appreciated.

Reply to
elstunto

Hi Calum,

According to The IPMS Color Cross Reference Guide put together by david Klaus in the USA Table 59d, United Kingdom, WWII gives the following equivalents

Dark Green equivalent to FS595 34079 Ocean Grey equivalent to FS 595 36152 Med Sea Grey equivalent to FS 595 36270 Grey Green equivalent to FS 595 34226

Paint matches for these FS 595 equivalents are given as

34079 equivalent to Floquil M196 Humbrol HG02 Model Master 1710 Tamiya XF58 Xtracolor X110

36152 equivalent to Humbrol HN02

36270 equivalent to Floquil M206 Humbrol HF04 or USN2 ModelMaster 1725 Xtracolor X133

34226 equivalent to Humbrol HM06

Thsi information is more than 10 years old and some of these paints may have been renumbered or discontinued, But the FS numbers don't change. hth Geoff

Reply to
News Groups