Multi-turreted KV Tank

Years ago, I chanced upon a photo of a three-turret KV tank model. Obviously, it was a 'flight of fancy' and not a model of a real tank.

Does anyone remember it and possible provide the URL to a photo of it??

I've used Google to try and help me but no luck. I'm hoping one of you guys will remember it and possible help me.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

The Soviets had a fixation on multi-turret tanks in the 1930's, but they proved difficult to operate in action, as none of the guns was stabilized and the commander had no system to tell him where any of the turrets was pointed at any given time. The competitors for the Soviet heavy tank project to replace the five-turreted T-35 were the single-turreted KV, and the double-turreted SMK and T-100 tanks (the proposal for three turrets was nixed by Stalin, who simply broke one turret off the engineering model and remarked "Why turn a tank into a department store?"). The KV, T-100 and SMK prototypes were battle-tested in Finland, but only the KV was found acceptable. Thus, the KV became the new heavy tank in time for the Great Patriotic War. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Lafimprov

Try these URLs for some info (in Russian, but it provides photos and plans):

Hope this helps.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

At this point i must advertise this site, i any of you haven't been there already:

awesome tank models in close detail...

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-