New Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II

I've been thinking of kitbashing one of the Monogram Vipers (apparently Mark I {g}) that I have on the shelf to the new series' Mark II standard.

But the more I look at the photos, the harder it looks. The Mark I (TOS) cross-section is square, with rounded corners, while the Mark II is definitely round in cross section, with ellipsoidal intakes.

Now, I figure I can sand/putty/hack the old intakes to approximate the new ellipsoid form, and the swept-back wings aren't too bad, although the canopy is a distinct challenge!

What really stumps me is that the mid-body around the cockpit area is really, REALLY, different! The newer Mark II shows a more realistic fuselage which fully blends in with the streamlined forward body, back into the tail section. I'm not sure if I can dope a way around that.

Has anyone else thought about this yet?

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Yes i have a thought, you used the word realistic.................

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

like motocycle restoration, you can mod anything with enough time and money. do you want o?

Bill Wesley

Reply to
Bill Wesley

Reply to