New Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II

I've been thinking of kitbashing one of the Monogram Vipers
(apparently Mark I {g}) that I have on the shelf to the new series'
Mark II standard.
But the more I look at the photos, the harder it looks. The Mark I
(TOS) cross-section is square, with rounded corners, while the Mark II
is definitely round in cross section, with ellipsoidal intakes.
Now, I figure I can sand/putty/hack the old intakes to approximate the
new ellipsoid form, and the swept-back wings aren't too bad, although
the canopy is a distinct challenge!
What really stumps me is that the mid-body around the cockpit area is
really, REALLY, different! The newer Mark II shows a more realistic
fuselage which fully blends in with the streamlined forward body, back
into the tail section. I'm not sure if I can dope a way around that.
Has anyone else thought about this yet?
Reply to
Casey Tompkins
Yes i have a thought, you used the word realistic.................
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
like motocycle restoration, you can mod anything with enough time and money. do you want o?
No need to. There is a resin model already out. Check out this link
Bill Wesley Hampton Roads Hobby
Casey Tompk>I've been thinking of kitbashing one of the Monogram Vipers
Reply to
Bill Wesley
Here is another link to the resin Mk 2 Viper
Bill W Casey Tompk>I've been thinking of kitbashing one of the Monogram Vipers
Reply to
Bill Wesley
Conversion Kit
Steve H e wrote:
Reply to
snh9728
Bill, thanks!
It's gorgeous, it's beautiful!
It's also $70... Sigh. ;-)
>Here is another link to the resin Mk 2 Viper >
>Bill W >Casey Tompk
Reply to
Casey Tompkins
Ya thats right. I am working on my 1/24th scale Viper from monsters in motion. I also have a Mk 1 Viper from SMT
a Mk 4 Viper from from Scifi models
Bill
Casey Tompk>Bill, thanks!
Reply to