New England Trip

I will be traveling to the greater Boston area later this year. I'll also be in Providence RI and Manchester NH and places inbetween Any suggestions on interesting stuff to see? I'm primarily an aircraft modeler

James Philmon IPMS/USA 12047

Reply to
James Philmon

Try the Quonset Air Museum in North Kingston, R.I. at the old Quonset Point Naval Air Station. Here is a link:

Warren I'm feeling much better now.......

Reply to
Rusty12759

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:28:05 -0400, James Philmon wrote: I guess I should have also asked are there any good hobby shops around where I'll be also. Thanks

James Philmon IPMS/USA 12047

Reply to
James Philmon

One of the area's best hobby shops is in Marlboro, Mass. on Route 20. It is extremely worth your while to take a trip to see the plethora of model kits and aftermarket accessories. It is called Spare Time Shop and they advertise in Fine Scale Modeler.

There is a WW2 museum in Natick on Rte 9. You have to make prior arrangements to go there since it is a private collection. The contact info there is:

Hanscom AFB is in the area between Lexington and Concord (where I-95, Rte 2 and Rte 3 meet). There are no flying units on base but there is a P-40 and F-86 on display.

There is also an IPMS show in Attleburo, Mass. in November (17?).

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

Well worth the visit!

check out Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro on the MA/NH border (Near the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, NH)
There is the MA ANG museum on Otis ANG Base just east of the Cape Cod canal in Falmouth MA.
And Battleship Cove which includes the PT Boat Museum in Fall River MA.

jaf

Spare Time Hobby Shop is awesome!

Since you will be traveling North, there are 2 more shops worth visiting:

Modeler's Junction in Methuen MA. For directions and phone number see:

is a great guy and this little shop is chock full of goodies! You could spend hours just looking through his stuff. Quite often, he also buys model collections and has them for sale in the store.

Another good shop is in Tyngsboro, MA. It is Hobby Emporium. Exit 36 off Route 3 North (Last exit in MA). At the end of the ramp, take right and another right at the 1st set of lights (into a shopping plaza which has Outback Steak House and Trader Joe's store). Hobby shop is in that plaza.

Enjoy!

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

James Philmon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's not planes, but the wooden ship model collection at Mystic Seaport is quite impressive, and the rest of the Seaport is a fun half day as well.

Reply to
Secret Squirrel