New in modeling. Need advice.

Hi All, My question is a bit naive so please be patient. I'm new in scale modeling so I'm wondering where are the models sold?
I looked in the toys shops however I'm sure it's not the right place. Are speciality shops available? I live in Boston area.
Thanks a lot
Forget toy shops. Retailer stopped carrying models a long time ago and Toys R Us only has a dismal few kits. You must find a Hobby shop. Look in the local yellow pages under hobby shop. If you wish to do mailorder online I can recommend Squadron.com. or NAHobbies.com cheers, Max Bryant

big hobby store in malden sq. get off the red line, cut through the civic building and it's on the right going towards main and the sq.
I assume that it is Boston MA (USA). This newsgroup is international, so you could be in Boston UK or Australia ...
Toy shops and Wal-Marts aren't good places to buy models.
You need a good hobby shop with a knowledgable owner.
I love Modeler's Junction in Methuen. Wayne (the owner) is a real nice guy ! It is a small store but chock full of all kinds of models and modeling supplies. Wayne can also order stuff for you if he doesn't have it in stock. Check out http://www.modelersjunction.com for more info.
There are couple of other ones (much bigger but also less friendly). There is Spare Time Hobby Shop on Rt 20 in Marlboro and Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro. I don't have their phone numbers handy.
Even if you live far away from them it is worth it to take a trip and visit at least Modeler's Junction and Spare Time. You'll get a feel what they are all about.
Also once you are there pick up a copy of one of the model magazines, such as FineScale Modeler or Scale Auto os similar. In the back of those magasine there are listings of many hobby shops and plenty of ads for mail order shops.
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote in message

vtd AT charter.net wrote:

I've found Polar Lights models in Target stores. Otherwise, you have to go out of town to get kits. Hobby Bunker in Malden is reachable via T. They have a decent selection of armor, planes, cars, boats and warhammer stuff. They have an excellent selection of tools and paints.
If you have access to a car, the Spare Time Shop in Marlborough is another excellent shop, jammed full of kits.
--
snipped-for-privacy@food.skaterat.net
All foods should be removed to reply

that was the name i couldn't remember. great buncha guys there 4-6 years ago. i really miss erich fuchs on tremont. they always had ignorant snot college kids who would argue all day but find anything you needed.
http://www.cheapesthobbies.com /
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

--
Dave Stein----President
Red Flag Scale Modelers

The guys have already listed the really good hobby shops in Marlboro, Methuen and Tyngsburo. There are also a few HobbyTown USA shops around as well.There is one about 5 minutes away from where I live on Hanscom AFB. It is in Burlington, not too far from the Burlington Mall (where Rte 3 and I-95/Rte 128 meet).
There's a few clubs in the area as well. The one I attend is in Bedford. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the www.armorama.com gallery
Ahh... that refreshed my memory. I don't care much for chain hobby shops like HobbyTown but they are better than Wal-MArt !
There might be one of the HobbyTown (or similar) in Quincy Center, right in Hancock St. (I think) It was there a while back when I was at the RMV just around the corner.
Peteski