Origin of Airfix 1/72 F-117 and F-22 Molds?

Does anyone know if the 1/72 Airfix F-117 Stealth Fighter and F-22 Raptor are produced from original Airfix molds or some other company's (Italeri)?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Reply to
Martin

As far as i know, the last of airfix own kits where the harrier over 10 years ago. The may be italeri kits.

Regards André

"Martin" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
André

Reply to
Roger Demming

"Roger Demming" a écrit dans le message de news:bumdgn$jgqrq$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-47909.news.uni-berlin.de...

Roger con't be so rude the three kits you're talking about are 1/48, not

1/72.

The F-22 is not the Italeri, if I correctly recall is a prototype and not an Raptor, no idea for the f-117.

-- Manuel Estevez IPMS France 551

"Club de la Vallée de l'Ousse"
"Shermans en France"

Reply to
Jose-Manuel Estevez

You're right about 1:48 i think but he was talking about 1:72. But it's still sad that Airfix can't keep up the good work on the budget market, for instance. I just finished 2 Harrier gr3 in 1:72 and they are lightyears from the Hasegawa i'm used to, but that's what so fun about it.

Regards André

"Jose-Manuel Estevez" skrev i meddelandet news:bumutt$5rh$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr...

Reply to
André

I just finished the Airfix F-117 today,and can't for the life of me tell where the molds originated,not having built most of the recent kits.But if anything it looks like an Italeri kit. I also did a quick build of the ancient AMT kit,which I bought in 1988 and forgot I had! It barely even looks like a 117...made a good excuse to do the Israeli style camouflage.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I picked up one for free a couple months ago. I see an F-117B in the future. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Please don't confuse me being abrupt and to the point with being rude. I speak directly, I call a spade a spade, I have little time for diplomacy, I say what needs to be said. Sometimes my direct nature does upset people but I find that it's the best approach and I live with that.

All the best

Roger

Reply to
Roger Demming

The Airfix F-117 and F-22 are their own original tooling, and not the Italeri kits reboxed.

The Airfix kits were also rereleased by Heller.

Reply to
Jonathan

The F-117 and F-22 are their own tooling. Airfix have since done new kits like the Jaguar, Buccaneer, Spitfire 22 and Hawk, albeit 1/48 - but there is the 1/72 Concorde for this year!

Reply to
Jonathan

What!!!! WHERE??? pleasePleasePLEASE show me a link! Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Its on the Hannants web site

Jonathan

If that true, then I was wrong. A company like Airfix, that means so much for so many, have to keep up the pace and reastablish it self as a leading manufactor. and show all the new eastern europeean companies that western europe is the same as quality...

regards André

"Jonathan" skrev i meddelandet news:jonathan.mock-2301042243580001@217.205.242.79...

Reply to
André