Question Regarding MRC 1/72 Aircraft Molds

Gents, was hoping someone might have an answer to a question - I've picked up a couple of 1/72 aircraft in MRC boxes - square boxes not
unlike the old Revell Collector's Choice series in size, but these are simpler, white background boxes with color illustrations of the aircraft. I have found a Wildcat and a Dauntless; since then, I've noticed an Avenger, Helldiver, and Buffalo on Ebay in the same series. Question - are these unique molds, or are they reboxed from another manufacturer? The Wildcat has folding wings, which I don't remember the Airfix Wildcat having, but might be wrong, and I don't currently have a copy to compare. Anybody remember buying these, and know the answer? Thanks in advance for any input,
Chris Kansas City
On 21 Jun 2004 21:05:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com (Chris Schultz) wrote:

Those are reboxings of Aoshima kits - the Helldiver and Avenger aren't 1/72 despite what MRC claimed, and none of them are nearly as good as Airfix models..... ;-p

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
These were Aoshima kits packaged in the US by Model Rectifier Corporation.
The Dauntless, Wildcat, Buffalo and P-36 were 1/72. The Avenger was 1/93, the Helldiver 1/84.
Pretty poor kits, but worth having for their "working features".
Tom
Thanks Al, and thank you, Tom! I appreciate the info.
Chris Kansas City