Sort-of OT: Aircraft roundel origin question

I just picked up a pair of pilot's wings that I'm sure are from a Central or South American Air Force but am not sure which one. The wings are gold and have a disc in the centre with the roundel on them. I know I've seen this same roundel on aircraft, and on a decal sheet once but can't remember which country they're from. The roundel in the center of the wings is divided in eqial thirds horizontally in med blue/white/med blue and it has a red bar diagonally from upper left to lower right. I was thinking they might be Guatamalan but confirmed that's not correct. Does anyone tell from the description which country they are from?

Thanks........Bill

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Uruguay. Kim m

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I only have a black-and-white picture to go by, but Uruguayan A-37s wear a marking like this.

Reply to
Jeff C

the grand duchy of fenwick?

hard to tell from your description but I think they might be Salvadorian.

Reply to
PIraymond

Yep.

Mark Schynert