Definitely OT! Re: 29 years ago today.....A reply to Meldick

From: "Mr.Melnick" snipped-for-privacy@Nick.Comet

>Yes indeed! The war is over my ASS! I >singed up in 72 and was there in 75, >not for long....................

(the rest of his rant is snipped out)

I just came across this while going through a RMS historical search. I blocked you but, apparently, when doing an historical search, even blocked posters appear. Since I saw this bit of BS, I had to respond to it (I've even unblocked you to see what you have to say (I need a good laugh).

So, Meldick, you claim to have been in Nam in 1975. That's interesting; not believable, but interesting. How about sharing with us which unit you were with and where you were located and the name of your commander. If what you say is true, you would know (I still remember all that from back in 67-68). I can hardly for the reply to this one.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

5 bucks says this is none.

I wouldn't take that bet "on a bet. It would be like throwing my $5 right down the crapper. ;~)

My bet would be that he's just another of those wannabes trying to ride the coattails or true Nam vets. I really don't expect an answer either since he can't reply to a question he has no answer for.

Cheers......Bill

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

what? no sucker bets? damn.... i'm not afraid to tell the truth. i got drafted, then i got sent home. go figure.

I got drafted...did me bit( as our english friends say) a tour in Nam 66-67. Was glad to get back with all the parts I came over with...but no 'Rambo' sh*t or the other stuff that I expect troops coming back now will bring home...but ...hey dude you're alive and a lot aien't ...count your points and carry on. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

my dad was a lifer and disappointed they didn't want me. i went back to school.

*Very* interesting, indeed. There were so few American troops left in Viet Nam in 1975 that he should have personally known just about everybody else who was still there. And vice-versa.....
Reply to
Al Superczynski

USAF SOG Where I was and what I did are still classified-so I cant say! Lets just say, we were making certain the infrastructure was in good hands!

Melnick \\\\\\\\\\

Reply to
Mr.Melnick

You got it, Al. That was the point of my comment. I guess he should have done just a little research before throwing the BS around like that.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Mr.Melnick" wrote

Har de har har. Now isn't that convienent?

What, making sure the Soviets didn't have any problems taking over Cam Ranh Bay?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Ooooh, bad answer, Mr. Melnik.

Better put "Stolen Valor" by B.G. Burkett on your reading list.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

That's interesting but, dont you mean MAC-V SOG?. You know, I'd really like to believe you but that old and overused "it's still classified" dodge is what all the fakers and wannab's always say. I suggest you go get the book, "Stolen Valor" from the library and read it. You might find it interesting.

The truth is, there's very little related to the Vietnam War that's still classified and I have access to just about all of that, either in the office or in the National Archives. I also work with a guy who is a retired Air Force officer and he really was there until the last Americans moved to Thailand (that's about as "at the end" as you can get). I'll ask him tomorrow if he knew an Air Force "SOG" named Melnick.

He specializes in unaccounted-for servicemen from the Vietnam conflict (as he did when he was in uniform. He still has a pretty complete unit roster of all US forces in Nam and Thailand in his files (yes, even MAC-V SOG guys).

Have a good one..........Bill

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

believe you but that old and overused "it's still classified" dodge is what all the fakers and wannab's always say. I suggest you go get the book, "Stolen Valor" from the library and read it. You might find it interesting. The truth is, there's very little related to the Vietnam War that's still classified and I have access to just about all of that, either in the office or in the National Archives. I also work with a guy who is a retired Air Force officer and he really was there until the last Americans moved to Thailand

Reply to
Maiesm72

Nah, Bill, it won't work. Melnick was so deep undercover that the assumed name he was enlisted under had an assumed name...

RobG

Bill Woodier wrote

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Another Colonel Flagg.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Good one, but too many L's.

You'll only need 2 and they're both in the first word...

Whatta loser...

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

wait I know...he's a colonel...colonel sanders! :-Þ

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Thailand was were it was at my man. A great place to work out of, easy access in and out! However, the USAF unit and its missions I served in Thailand were and still are classified. I signed a document which prohibited me from discussing specifics of my unit or its missions. I will say I was in Takhli, and still remember the rice bugs! You all really need to get some enema time, and then you all might now be so smart ass.

Melnick \\\\\\\

Reply to
Mr.Melnick

you're just tedious. get yout sick fix somewhere else. get help or kill yourself. who cares?

Unfortunately for you, the research I mentioned in my earlier post didn't take as long as I thought it would. But, before getting into specifics, here's something you obviously didn't think about when picking the timeframe for your claim of service in Vietnam:

According to the 1973 peace accords between the US and North Vietnam, the US was limited to 50 military members in country.

Yup, that's right, 50.....and and that's how many were there from the signing of the agreement until they began to depart in April of 1975. As was mentioned in an earlier post by Al, it was a very small group and they were pretty-much known to each other, if not by face, certainly by name. I spoke with my coworker again today. As I mentioned in my earlier post, he really was in Vietnam in 1975, assigned to the JCRC, and he left Vietnam for Thailand less than two weeks before the final fall on 30 April 1975. He confirmed that the 50 American military left in Nam all knew each other or at least knew of each other and I was not at all surprised when he said he did not recognize your name. However, he wanted to be absolutely certain his memory wasn't failing and produced his copy of the last phone book for US Personnel in Vietnam; published in 1975. The book is about 80 pages long and organized in two sections. The front contains an organizational list of all US Government organizations (military and civilian) including the DAO, JCRC, US Embassy, Consular and other Dept of State Offices, USIS, USAID, CIA, etc, etc. (can you tell me what color the cover is?). The back section has an alphabetical listing of ALL Americans (including the 50 military) in country by name and it gives the street address of their living quarters. Again, I was not at all surprised to find the names went from Medlin to Meeks, to Melyan, to Mench, to Mendoza but there was no Melnick where it was supposed to be (but you already knew that would be the case). Here's something else, just off the cuff. My coworker confirmed for me that there were no Air Force Special Operations units operating in Vietnam (south or north) in 1975. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I went through all records listing the Air Force order of battle for Vietnam, Thailand, and even small and (then) clandestine bases in Laos and Cambodia. These records contain the names of unit commanders from PACAF to NAFs, and Air divisions to Wings, Groups, and Squadrons from 1964 until they pulled out. These docs also contain a list of all Air Force units, including Air Force Special Operations units, and their location history, from the time they arrived in country until (in most cases) they were disbanded, redesignated, or withdrawn from country. Sorry, no more hiding behind "the info is classified" because the documents I have are completely and totally unclassified; they can be FOIA's by any private citizen who wantds to pay the money. I just happened to have access to them in the office. Ah, details, maddening aren't they? OK; I've given you a head start by telling you what I have on hand right now in the way of reference material. With that in mind, Mr Melnick, let's finish this up with a quick quiz. Below are five simple questions. They should be ludicrously easy for you if you were actually where you said you were; I could answer each with less than a moment's thought and I left there almost seven years before your claimed service. After we evaluate your performance on these first questions, we'll see if it will be necessary to move to more specific ones (though I suspect they won't be necessary). Question 1. What were the inclusive dates of your service in Vietnam? Question 2. Who were your NAF and Unit Commanders? Question 3. What was your unit designator? Question 4. Where was your unit located? Question 5. What was your AFSC and specific duties? That should do it, it's time to come clean now. I eagerly await your reply, though I doubt there will be one.