I just made a stupid mistake

I recommended this place to a customer new to Solidworks for sage advise. Guess I will have to wear egg on my face for a while. :-(

Reply to
Phil Evans

it's definitely not the same place as years gone by.

none the less, advise customer to filter the responses. also advise no cross posting to amc.

;)

Reply to
kenneth

You as right as can be. It used to be that you could get info here, but not any more. There is more drivel and stupidity than I've ever seen in my life and I've been around for quite a while. The amount of useful info is probably somewhere around 5% of the total. That's poor!!

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

There's still a lot of good info here, but my fear is that the really skilled and helpful folk will go away, disgusted with the noise level. I recently posted on the effectiveness of my newsreader filters in reducing the noise. By filtering the bozos, replies to them and a.m.c crossposts, more than 60% of total posts disappeared. I'm also becoming much less tolerant of drivel and more ready to use the killfile on emergent bozos.

AW

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Here's one they might be able to add... When you extrude up to surface, you can only pick one surface. But if you select all the faces in the area and make a knit surface, now you can extrude up to surface and pick that knit. But if it actually extruded up to "ALL" the surfaces in the knit surface that would be the bomb as opposed to just extruding till it gets to the first surface it sees in the knit. So for me making electrodes, I could extrude up to my knit surface with the merge checkbox off creating an electrode in one click!

Who knows, It proberbly does it already if you know how?

Reply to
vinny

It is amazing that about four people, deciding that it would be a fun hobby to ruin this newsgroup, actually can pull it off.

To them, it's nothing to step on the hundreds who used to be active here (and the thousands who would lurk or search the group) to find and discuss issues relating to learning better ways to do their jobs. I'm glad I got in early, before them. This was a great resource, and I wouldn't be as good at what I do if I did not have this resource when I had it.

(shaking head) Just four or so posters with a pathetic hobby - and apparently very little outside life - can and laregly have screwed it up for all those others. And to add to the annoyance, based on the backward rules of their hobby (trolling - do a google search to learn more), they think they are smart or superior for doing it.

Wrong.

You know what takes smarts? Building stuff. Contributing. Making a tough issue understandable to another.

Knocking others down for your jollies doesn't take any more skill than a dipshit walking down the beach knocking down kids sandcastles. It is inherentlly easy, lazy, and stupid.

The fact that they are succeeding at their stupid hobby doesn't mean that they win, because they are losers down to their cores.

It will be interesting to see where I end up a year from now, because they have apparently have endless time (unemployed? No social life or hobbies?) and I don't. Even solid a mountian will eventually erode under a non-stop torrent. But I don't feel like surrendering this group to them just yet. Fuck them. Its line in the sand time, and while there are still others here I am staying with it.

Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

PotFlower wrote in news:46e9fa5d$0$25455$88260bb3 @free.teranews.com:

Feel free to start doing it before you post in AMC.

Reply to
D Murphy

Same thing applies to islamic extremists. A few trying to destroy it for the masses (who themselves are all too silent). Let's kick their asses too!

Reply to
ms

Cliff wrote in news:pcmke31e0mskigd57c6aop7g7eona5tek6@

4ax.com:

Funny how the paer here reported on the same study didn't come to that conclusion. They also pointed out the shortcomings of the hard wired left wing brain.

Typical of the trait, you only see what you want to see.

Reply to
D Murphy

Its worse than that.Corner radii in the x-y plane or whatever plane you burn on needs those smaller by the amount of the orbit. But at the same time, each direction needs moved into center the orbit amount. Its insane and it needs addressed. NOBODY bearly uses a simple offset, or a unigap, or an equimode, or a spherical orbit, whatever you want to call it, 99% of the time your using a circle orb or at least should be, Thats complicated as hell. Not only does it need moved towards center the overburn amount, radii on the sides need to be smaller by the overburn amount, but not the bottom. Problem is radii sometimes wrap around the bottom, creating both conditions.

Everyone cheats, and just uses offset. Doing it in solidworks is insane, but I wonder if there;s an addon that can do it? There's gotta be. Every day people more and more want things right nobody used to never check.

Reply to
vinny

snipped for brevity

Good for you, Ed. Your presence, and that of the other helpful ones, is what keeps me here.

Art

Reply to
Art Woodbury

I never said anything about "real price paid in the market".

How can that be Jon?

Guess the real question is why YOU need to make false accusations.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

That would be your conclusive poll where nearly 4 people responded out of the hundreds of thousands of SolidWorks users?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Good for both of you. If you believe you can outlast JB, you are fools. You are wasting your time here waiting for the shit to stop falling out of the sky. One day it will abate, but how much time and energy will you have wasted by then?

Dusty.

Reply to
PotFlower

I'll listen to anything Ed has to say here, at any length. I snipped most of his post because I was replying to his last paragraph. It's called Nettiquette, of which there's damned little here.

The only reason I saw your post was curiosity. Since I've worked on my filters, the message count that I see here has dropped like a stone. I turned the filters off (briefly) to see if I had missed anything worthwhile, so the filters could be better tuned.

As far as outlasting JB & Company, I can outlast anyone without expending any time or energy. With good filters, the noisemakers simply disappear.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nice link. First day on the internet?

Reply to
D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:gkc2f3t7en59i92ui7av7j7j7oq34m6kk9@

4ax.com:

Or you can ask Kerry a question and get tasered.

Although any puffy white kid who calls someone "bro" deserves to be tasered IMO.

Reply to
D Murphy

Yep,

Reply to