Nothing new under the sun.

Just finished some time carefully mixing paint for the figures in a Russian WWI vignette. It took three types of paint along with a little white to get to the OD and Khaki that I needed. I could have waited for the next trip to Berkeley, but what the hell, mixing paint has always been one of the more entertaining aspects of modeling to me.

The first figure finished reminded me of something. I pulled out a batch of Warbirds cast metal figures from the 1930s and discovered that someone had matched those two colors perfectly eighty years ago! They probably painted them right from whatever paint they had at the time.

We've come such a long way since then :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72