RevMo 1/48 PBY-5A Question

Its gonna be reissued some time next year.

Anyone know if this version could be finished with the prewar chrome yellow wings, etc?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Pat Flannery

Boy, you know how to keep me busy with Google searches, don't you? :-) The prototype XPBY-5A first flew on November 22 of 1939:

entered service in October of 1941:
as to colors, the yellow wings were discontinued in February of

1941:
the yellow wings are out for the PBY-5A.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Not a -5A, that's the amphib, and later along in the series than even the straight -5 flying boat. You'd need to convert it to a -4 or earlier, I think.

Reply to
Rufus

I don't tink so, but check Osprey's 2 PBY books to be sure.

Reply to
Stanley Parker