RevMo 1/48 PBY-5A Question

Its gonna be reissued some time next year.
Anyone know if this version could be finished with the prewar chrome
yellow wings, etc?
thx - Craig
Reply to
crw59
Boy, you know how to keep me busy with Google searches, don't you? :-) The prototype XPBY-5A first flew on November 22 of 1939:
entered service in October of 1941:
as to colors, the yellow wings were discontinued in February of 1941:
the yellow wings are out for the PBY-5A.
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
Not a -5A, that's the amphib, and later along in the series than even the straight -5 flying boat. You'd need to convert it to a -4 or earlier, I think.
Reply to
Rufus

Site Timeline