Old aircraft photos from Flight International Magazine now online

Flight International Magazine has started a project to make some of its aircraft archive photos available online. The collection goes back almost a century. Most of these photos are very interesting and include coverage of a number of obscure British aircraft. They should be very useful as research material for British aircraft modelers. Use the arrows at the top of each page to navigate through the collection.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

What an incredible resource!!! And it appears to be free.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

And they even have pix of the PAnder S4 Postjager I have not seen before.

The Postjager, by the way, is one of the most beautiful planes ever made. (in my opinion)

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

I have an Air International with a short illustrated history of the airplane. It was quite 'slick' for the 1930s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

Hi bill,

Yup, that it was!

It is SUCH a shame it went down because of a stupid accident and was totally lost. It would have won the London-Melbourne race for sure.

There is talk, however to make a (static) replica of the beaute! But.....that's only talks yet.

I'm a 1/48th builder/collector (more collector then builder). And I have almost finished the 1/48yh masters for the Postjager. The guy in Hollands largest air-model shop told me though that there is/would be more demand for the thing in 1/72. Mmmmh, major bummer!

Reply to
Mechanical Menace