Pavla CR42

Anybody done this kit or read reviews? Anyone know where I might find 1/72 kits of the Closter Gladitator, either Matchbox or Airfix? Had two Matchbox/72s Glads but were lost in the fire. I've always wanted to do a diorama of the last biplane battles that took place over North Africa and Greece in the early part of WW2. Hoped to do it in 1/48th scale, but I am tired of waiting. Any help appreciated. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Well, there's been a Gladiator in 1/48 for a while, I think the mold is now owned by Lindberg. There's the new Roden mold and

has a new Cr 42 in stock. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Mike,

I have a couple of Matchbox's Gladiators left. I was trying to build one for every service once and I didn't quite get done. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've got both the Heller and the Matchbox renditions of the Gladiator, and I think the Heller is better. Rumor has it that it was also better than both Airfix kits (there were two) and the Frog. Is the Heller OOP? If not, why not track down one of those?

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

This is news to me, and I have a fairly complete Airfix collection. You must be thinking of the Lysander.

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

Two bladed and three bladed prop variants.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

No kidding, two Lysanders? When was the second one released? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Y'see, I cheated, Tom. I looked it up in your book.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Thanks for the plug, Mark.

You would be even more up to date if you had a subscription to ESM 72. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Tom,

Do you have a kit number for this? I'd to get a look at one. Also, did they just issue it with new prop, or was it a new tool, like the Lysander?

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

The first two issues were 1335. The third issue was 82. The first two issues didn't specify the mark on the kit header while the third did. I've dug up my early Airfix samples, and have looked them over. Anyone interested in pursuing this further should read the new thread Tom has started, titled "Airfix Gladiator". My second reply will go into further detail.

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad