Re: 1/72 M2 Bradley

Hi, is the Revell one the same mold as the Dragon one? If not, then which

>one is more accuracy? Thanks in advance.

Both are different. SOME of the Revell kits come with parts to make both the M2A2 and M3A2. I've bought three and one does not come with the M3A2 TOW loading hatch or the ramp firing port blank offs. It makes a post-Desert Storm/pre-OEF Bradley. No stowage included, link and length tracks. I do not know why some Revell kits come with the extra parts and others do not. No differences in the package, just an extra sub-sprue and the directions are different.

The Dragon is an M2A2ODS (Operation Desert Storm) that includes the modifications added to the vehicle as a result of lessons learned during Desert Storm. It is not quite proper for a Desert Storm era kit, but backdating would be relatively easy.

The Dragon kit contains Combat Identification Panels (CIPs), an ODS TOW hatch and non-ODS TOW hatch (no M3A2 hatch though), and it has both the older and newer fluted 25mm barrel. A small gray vinyl sprue includes some duffle bags, sleeping mats, covered MOLLE rucks and a camo net. Tracks are vinyl and the wheels have poly caps inside.

Dragon one was cheaper by about $2 and builds into a more up-to-date version, but as a model, I think the Revell kit is better.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

Hi, Rob, thanks for all the detail information on both kits. Now I can make up my mind to buy the Revell kit, as I had already gotten the Dragon kit on hand.

Best regards Tommie

"Rob Gronovius" ¦b¶l¥ó news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
Tommie Hui

Rob,

the boxes have the same kit number as well? There's *no* way to know which kit includes the extra sprue and which does not?

Cheers,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Correct. The exterior of the boxes are identical. Same kit number and everything. The kit with the M3A2 parts has the small sub-sprue attached to the main sprue, it is not present on the one without. The instructions have added substeps as well. I will check tonight to see if there are different issue dates on the boxes though.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Please do! A Bradley would look nice in a diorama (I'm usually an aircraft guy), but I won't say no to an extra sprue if I have that option.

I have had two copies of Revells 1/72nd UH-1D in German Bundesluftwaffe markings with different decal options on the respective sheets, but those two boxings (although having identical box art) turned out to have different catalogue numebers.

Cheers,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

No visible difference in box art, or description on box side. Even the parts count is the same (171 pieces). The only difference is the box bottom. The one that includes M3A2 parts has a lighter colored box bottom with four small cut outs where the bottom edges fold. Doubt that accounts for the difference in sprues.

Incidently, all kits come with three marking options. Three for M2A2 and another for an M3A2.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

Thanks Rob! I'll check my local stores this afternoon.

Cheers,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek