Revell 1/72 BV 138 - new tool?

Just spotted this as a new release on Hannants website. Is this from a new
tool, or is it a re-boxing of the old Supermodel kit? The latter has
recently been reissued at exactly the same price as the Revell kit, hence
the question,
Cheers,
Bill.
Reply to
Bill Davies
I remember a model of this aircraft being releced in 1976 by Italeri is my memmory serves me well it could be the same kit.
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
Revell Germany has announced a new mold of the BV138. I doubt they would release the crappy old kits just prior to the new kit's release. My money is on it being the new kit. Price seems to be in line with most of the new Revell releases, too.
Dan
Reply to
dnsh
When it was announced, this was announced as a re-release of the Supermodel kit
Remove nospam to reply!!
Reply to
Dave Fleming
Thanks - what I expected, but still disappointing, Cheers, Bill.
Reply to
Bill Davies
Actually, SAMI had it listed as a new tool way back when. Not the first time they have gotten it wrong, I suppose. I hope Revell at least puts some effort into cleaning up the molds. At the same price as the new mold JU 290 and BV 222, I don't see how they can justify reboxing a tired old kit.
Reply to
dnsh
Have checked with Revell today, this is the old supermodel kit.
Reply to
Ted Taylor
So both Revell and Supermodel are selling the kit at the same time!
Bill Shuey
Ted Taylor wrote:
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Both Revell and Italeri are unearthing the Supermodel kit at the same time! ;-)
More to come in the future.
Reply to
Luca Beato
Well, that's good to hear. The last thing I remember hearing was that Italeri might not be able to buy the Supermodel moulds. Maybe the kits don't click together like the latest greatest but they are of interesting types and worth having.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller