Revell 1/72 u-boat

Anyone get this yet?

Is it worth purchasing or should I try scratch-building one?

Thanks,

Brent

Reply to
Seawolf

Advice: Buy the kit. And stop trying to sound like scratchbuilding a U-Boat is easy. I feel inferior enough already. And I don't think it's out yet.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Where is Dave when we need him?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Hannants have got them - not seen one myself yet though, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
William Davies

i saw a copy of this kit on saturday at hannants [colindale], thats 13-12-2003.

it is _VERY IMPRESSIVE_ and for the ship superdetailers out there you will have a lot of fun. it seemed like the kit had only just arrived there as it was still in the box. the chappie whom i nattered to about it was going to dust off his copy of 'das boot' to help make it up.

well done revell, it looks like a great kit.

trevor

Reply to
87015

Bought mine yesterday at Modelzone in Holborn (London)! Had great fun carrying it home on the Tube/train to Huntingdon! It just about fitted in the overhead luggage rack!

Carried it into the kitchen - no adverse comments from She Who Must Be Obeyed... Lugged it up the stairs and took a look.

Lots of ideas whizzing through my mind, especially how to display it. Good decal sheet and what appear to be fabric flags/"kill" pennants - all that's missing is the "usual" insignia from the circle on the ensign.

Does it need any PE? Well, at first glance it doesn't seem so, but I'm sure someone will oblige!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Good news! I dropped gently (like an anvil) this kit in my sister's ear as she has my name for Christmas. Perhaps she'll be good enough to get it for me. Glad to hear it looks (?!?) like a winner...

Frank Kranick

Now, if I could only find 1/48th scale USN Seasprite decals...

Chris Hughes wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

"Seawolf" a exprimé avec précision :

Hi seawolf,

Mine is just beside my computer desk, and it is a really impressive kit ! You can find a lot of details on this website :

Regards

Reply to
Flying Frog

I'm waiting for it to come out in 1/32. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

so who is planning a diorama with the HMS Snowberry and the U-boat or the climax from the movie Enemy Below? a big 4x4 hunk of plywood and about 200 lbs of resin for the water should do it.....

wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Well it's here in 1/32nd and its about $ 2,000.00

John R Meloro

And for $25. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Be careful what you wish for--you may be remodeling into the next decade just to find a place to put the box.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

...and if I HAD a "spare" $2000...

Reply to
Rufus

Never said it was easy, I would just rather "waste" my money trying to make it myself rather than "waste" money buying a kit that is a piece of crap..........

Brent

Reply to
Seawolf