Re: Chinese Aircraft Exhibits in Beijing

Photos at

Notes:

The Xiaolong/JF-17 model has the "Diverter-less " intake that may appear on later production prototypes.

Note that the L-15 model is a full-scale mockup. The first full-scale prototype (according to cyber-rumor) is complete and operational tests are expected later this year or early next year.

I wonder about the J-8M...with the Chinafied Sukhoi Flanker in service and being built, whether the J-8's potential for future development is a case of diminishing returns. I've seen models of the J-8 with intake-mounted canards, but that doesn't seem like a particularly practical innovation.

The Q-5J is the "Wild Weasel" development of the aging MiG-19/J-6/Q-5 family.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce