plastic on Revell models and gluing

OK, -NOT- C-4. (yeah, I can hear the complaints now...)
Anybody notice how Revell doesn't seem to work well with the Tamiya
liquid cement? Tamiya models are ok, ditto most Chinese exports. I'm working with some armor models. Parts just don't stick.
Only other problem I had was a Lindberg model T-34 (I think) that I finally trashed without finishing for as much problems getting plastic to weld as much as fit problems.

as much as i like lindberg, that kit is very sad.
I prefer to use Plastruct liquid glue in the form that glues ABS as well as polystyrene. I've not noticed any problems but it has been some time since I've worked on a domestic Revell kit. That's 'domestic' as opposed to Revell Germany. Heck they probably both get their mouldings done in Red China.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
"> That's 'domestic' as opposed to Revell Germany. Heck they probably both

If we ever did go to war with Red China, we wouldn't have a source to buy American Flags from, and no more plastic models, not to mention spare parts for the F-35s. I've started to describe my stash of unbuilt kits as my strategic stock pile against hostilities.
Val Kraut

Not to mention all those black berets the Army bought.

Molded in USA Packaged in USA Printed in China ... WTF??...
Anybody notice how the Frankenstein boxes had a bit of Oriental look to the features? Printed in China.

I'm a testors red tube guy. Not gonna change after some 40 years...
Craig
I'm a testors red tube guy. Not gonna change after some 40 years...
Compared to testors red tube - the plastic weld types are a little bit trickey at time but give much better results - really worth a try.
Val Kraut