plastic on Revell models and gluing

OK, -NOT- C-4. (yeah, I can hear the complaints now...)

Anybody notice how Revell doesn't seem to work well with the Tamiya liquid cement? Tamiya models are ok, ditto most Chinese exports. I'm working with some armor models. Parts just don't stick.

Only other problem I had was a Lindberg model T-34 (I think) that I finally trashed without finishing for as much problems getting plastic to weld as much as fit problems.

Reply to
frank

as much as i like lindberg, that kit is very sad.

Reply to
someone

I prefer to use Plastruct liquid glue in the form that glues ABS as well as polystyrene. I've not noticed any problems but it has been some time since I've worked on a domestic Revell kit. That's 'domestic' as opposed to Revell Germany. Heck they probably both get their mouldings done in Red China.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

"> That's 'domestic' as opposed to Revell Germany. Heck they probably both

If we ever did go to war with Red China, we wouldn't have a source to buy American Flags from, and no more plastic models, not to mention spare parts for the F-35s. I've started to describe my stash of unbuilt kits as my strategic stock pile against hostilities.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Molded in USA Packaged in USA Printed in China ... WTF??...

Anybody notice how the Frankenstein boxes had a bit of Oriental look to the features? Printed in China.

Reply to
frank

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Val Kraut

Not to mention all those black berets the Army bought.

Reply to
frank

I'm a testors red tube guy. Not gonna change after some 40 years...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I'm a testors red tube guy. Not gonna change after some 40 years...

Compared to testors red tube - the plastic weld types are a little bit trickey at time but give much better results - really worth a try.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut