Transparent Hasegawa F-86

I have a opportunity to aqquire a 1/32 Hasegawa F-86. The fuselage and wings are molded in clear plastic. The kit is in a white Hasegawa box with green printing but devoid of the usual artwork. The kit is complete and the owner has wrapped the clear pieces in saran wrap to protect them from scratches, etc., so it appears well preserved. Does anyone have any experience or information on this release? What would be a reasonable price to pay? Any info appreciated.

Reply to
D. Wishart

See:

Selling price was around 70$

Reply to
rfranklin

Thanks.

Reply to
D. Wishart

Bummer! I just sold one last month for $20.

Reply to
Ol' 45

OOP kits are worth what the market will pay. That 70$ was their retail when they last had one to sell whenever that was. Second hand resale value is just a crap shoot. I've got some little obscure mecha anime models from Japan that I paid 7$ for years ago. Theoretically I could sell them for 40-45$. Or not. Depends on the day. All I know is my collection is -not- my retirement fund. ;)

Reply to
rfranklin

On 11/14/2011 4:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote:>

Yeah, I bought a Revell/Takara Japanese bomber kit for $45 but I can't frickin' give it away on ebay. I've been told it is now worth about $10-15.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller