Dam buster Lancaster

I'm trying to find some details to complete the Hasegawa Dam Buster Lancaster. Specifically I am trying to find out the shape of the
small fuselage window below the bomb aimer's blister. The Tamiya kit has the larger rectangular one.
So far I have: fuselage windows unpainted, needle props instead of the broader paddle blade ones (anyone know of a source for these? Aeroclub?), and the larger bomb aimer's blister (using the Falcon vac-formed one). The colour of the bomb is another issue...one reference I read said that they were delivered green but almost certainly painted black before the raid. Just wish I could find that reference!
Any help would be appreciated,
Bri
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Brian) wrote in

I've got a photo of the dam buster bomb that's in the Duxford collection. I'll check it when I get home. IIRC it's mostly rust brown, though.
--
Harro de Jong
remove the extra Zs from Zonnet to mail me

I checked the photo. It was severely underexposed, so most of the color information is lost in noise. The color could have been dark green or black.
--
Harro de Jong
remove the extra Zs from Zonnet to mail me
Wherever you are located, Maryland Public TV is running a segment on the Dams raid right now. Just started at 9, I don't know if any other Public TV stations have it.
                            Bill Shuey
Harro de Jong wrote:

I'm in New Zealand, so not able to see the US TV series. Probably one of the ones I have seen... hopefully! Thanks for the advice though.
Harro, ta for the information on the colour of the mine, I think that matt black is pretty safe.
Anybody got any suggestions for the shape of the window beneath the bomb aimer's blister? Or a source of the thin propellors?
Ta,
Bri
wrote:

<snip>
Brian wrote:

You could always email the nice people here!
<http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/association.html
We just had a tv programme on a few days ago in a museum and the person talking to camera came to a stop in front of ? Yep, you guessed it, the bouncing bomb. It was black but that might have been a 'for show' thing.
Richard.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Brian) wrote:
(snip)

There was an article in Scale Aircraft Modeler in either 2004 or 2005 on 617 SQN that stated that the bombs were delivered in red primer and were being painted the standard green colour of RAF bombs up until the last moment, with at least one still being in the primer when launched. Also one pilot (Young?) thought that the green was too visible and had his one painted black.
That info fits well with usual procedures etc.
The armourers had to attached the UPKEEP and then spin it and attach balancing weights (like balancing a car wheel) to get them balanced properly. You could do one in primer red with a bright metal strip or two to represent the balancing weights.
Cheers,
Mark
--
remove "nospam" in replies!
Perth Western Australia
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Brian) wrote in message

A little behind on the newsgroup here,
Test bombs filled with concrete were grey, live Upkeeps were dark green - source The Dams raid through the lens, p23, probably the definitive book on the raid. I'd guess at the deep bronze green that most other bombs were being painted by this stage of the war.
--
Dave Swindell