Re: B-58 camo

Phil AKA Bondo, made a comment about his brother in law telling him the paint scheme for an Arc Light BUFF paint job adding approx, 800 lbs to the a/c gross wgt.

A Douglas engineeer told me that a regulsr depot paint job on a C-124 would slow the TAS between 4 and 6 knots, possibly more unless it was a really good paint job. I hestitate to speculate on the weight increase because of the filler that would be required. On top of that what "Shakey" could you hide with paint alone :-)

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1