Re: High Planes Jindivik-opinions?

Just stumbled onto the fact that High Planes has a 1/72 Jindivik kit in

>stock at Greatmodels. Any opinions on their kits, or this one in particular?

High Planes models in general are accurate but somewhat rough, as is to be expected of limited-run injection-molded kits. They normally include white metal and/or resin detail parts, vac-formed canopies, and good decals. Instructions are somewhat cursory and outside references are highly recommended.

All-in-all they're good kits but are best suited to advanced builders.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Concur with that. I have one which just needs some masking of the tip-tanks and outer wings then spraying red.

The parts are fairly rough, but the plastic sands easily and takes cement and milliput very well. Getting the wings and tail straight takes time but the mating surfaces were easily cleaned up and it was less of a chore than I'd expected.

The instructions say that you may want to replace the launch trolley struts. Yep, go with that. Suggest cleaning the trolley up as much as possible, decide what needs replacing, then cut off one strut and replace it then continue until finished. That way you maintain all the other bits in alignment as far as possible.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Bivens

I agree fully with Mark. Clean up some parts and ready to go! Meindert

Reply to
Meindert

Definately a nice little model and as far as I know it's the only Jindivik model currently available.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Daley