Revell V2, 1/69 scale

Hello group

A freind of mine has a Revell V2 bomb with launch pad in 1/69 scale. He thinks it dates back to the late fifties. It is in the original box and is unfortunately assembled but not painted. Would anybody be interested in such a piece and what would be a reasonable price?

TIA

Jacob

Reply to
Jacob

Probably ten to twenty bucks, but I would say fifteen is about right. This kit was re-issued in the History Makers series and I believe it was also re-issued in an SSP issue although it used the same History Makers box art. So it is not ultra rare but the original box art will fetch more for it than the HM issue. Now if you had some of those old rockets and missile kits that never have re-surfaced.

Reply to
M Bryant

It was also re-issued in the mid-'70s in a picture boxtop. I had one but passed it on to someone here some time back. IIRC, I bought it at a hobby shop for $2.50 back then.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Heck, the old History Makers rebox is drawing some serious bids on eBay. Someone was tryin to sell me one for $15 last week at a show. This one is pushing $50.

Amazing.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

That is amazing; it might have something to do with the fact they can't get the scale right:

"I'm sorry...that'd be 1/54th scale. Not 1/48, not 1/35. " Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

"Keeper" wrote

Interestingly enough, on the original instruction sheet it says the kit is "1/69, or 1" = 5' 9". I measured the fin span at 2.019 and the fuselage at

1.002. These scale out to 109.0 and 54.11 at 1/54 and 139.3 and 69.14 in 1/69. Dieter Holsken says the real V-2 dimensions are 3564mm (140.3) and 1651mm (65.00). I'd say it was closer to 1/69 than 1/54.

It is a neat kit. The molded-in internal framing causes sink marks on the outside that replicate the oil-canning seen on the real things, albeit unintentionally. . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I have a bagged original and did notice that they state the scale at 1/69th whilst the History makers version I have states it as 1/54th. Anyway you slice it it comes up an odd scale and yes it is a really neatly done model.

50.00 on Ebay? I can guarantee if I put one up for sale I would fetch a whopping 9.99! DOH!!!!!!!!!! Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant

ISTR the figures included are more like 1/48 scale or bigger.....

Reply to
frank may

I have the History makers issue,built,and the Condor 1/72 kit which I haven't finished...they look almost the same size to me.So I'd call it 1/69 with out of scale figures.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

The first time I saw those V-2 figures they were in the White fuel truck kit and the "uniforms" were of the traditional gas station/delivery truck style.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72